Friday, April 1, 2011

But Clouds Got In My Way


As, aptly, a post-script to my last post, here are some photos of clouds that I've taken here in the Northwest.  I think my favorite "clouds" song is Simon and Garfunkle's "Cloudy", from which I take the photo captions, though of course one's immediate reaction is to start singing Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now."
"Cloudy: the sky is gray and white and...cloudy..."
"...Sometimes I think it's hanging down on me"


"I left my shadow waitin' down the road for me awhile..."

"Cloudy: My thoughts are scattered, and they're...cloudy; they have no borders, no boundaries..."
"Hey Sunshine, why don't you show your face and bend my mind?"

"These clouds stuck to the sky, like a floating question: 'Why?'"

"They don't know where they're going, and, my friend, neither do I...."
Cloudy...cloudy...
All photos copyright 2011 by Diane Medved.

No comments:

Post a Comment